Monday, April 26, 2010

Lecture 7: The Black Box Reflection

[Image Source: Russell Lowe's Lecture 7: The Black Box]

Prior to this lecture, I did not really think about the different shadows that will be casted from my axonometric. I have learnt now that interesting and unique shadows can be created from constructing various rectangular prisms with each other in a creative manner. The slide that caught my attention the most from the lecture is the one shown above from the subtitle “Shadows as Solids”. “Shadows as Solids” are shadows which appear as if they are solid structures. This image shows that the shadows being casted appear solid and as if they are part of the structure. This illusion fascinates me as from a distance, it is difficult to analyse the truth behind the structure. This image has inspired me to create more interesting shapes with my axonometric so that I can create a similar type of illusion from my own designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment