Thursday, June 10, 2010

Inspirations and Initial Sketches

These were my initial inspirations and sketches for my concept. Initially I wanted to create a fusion between the two most iconic bridges in each clients' respective countries. The image on the left shows sketches of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco and the Harbour Bridge in Sydney.

However, after thinking about it further, I came up withe the concept on the right where Miranda Kerr's side of the bridge would be all curvilinear lines to represent her busy schedule, curvaceous body, and futuristic lifestyle, and Helen Keller's side would be straight lines symbolising her approach to overcome her barriers, and her old fashion lifestyle. Also, from Kerr's side, she can see the straight lines of Keller's side representing a long runway in which she can walk on, and from Keller's side, the curvaceous patterns are visible to represent her initial struggles as a human being.

Initially I wanted the support of the bridge to be the posts of the Harbour and Golden Gate Bridges but I thought that it would not look as strong and powerful visually if I added massive posts on either side of the bridge, and it would draw your attention away from the bridge itself.

Finally the dinner table shown on the bottom right was inspired by one of my two point perspective drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment